Being a mum is hard, mum














Am I doing this right Mum, am I doing this right
a dozen times a day I ask, am I doing this right
I don't know how you did it mum
but I turned out all right
Being a mum is hard mum, am I doing this right

My neighbour's kids are clean mum, my neighbour's kids are clean
whatever time of day it is their kids are always clean
but mine are always grubby
and their shoes will never gleam
Being a mum is hard mum, when your neighbour's kids are clean

My home is never neat mum, my home is never neat
I tidy up and I put away but this stuff has got me beat
we've got more stuff than storage space
and it's piled up on the seat
Being a mum is hard mum, when your home is never neat

I don't know why I ask mum, I don't know why I ask
It may be 'cause I worry that I'm not up to this task
and I know the dead can't answer
but you're still the one I ask
Being a mum is hard mum, when you've got no-one to ask