The Infinite Loop









Although I search for meaning in my life
 don't tell me that I'm part of God's great plan
 I've sliced philosophy with Occam's knife
 and feel that chance made atoms into man



 But if you say that God made atoms first
 and thereby set the universe in train
 I must enquire what earlier outburst
 made God, and then repeat and then again...
 Then if you say that God has always been
 I wonder at what point eternity
 alone and dark and silently unseen
 caused God to manufacture you and me.



 I charged the scientists to answer too
 Despite their claim to know, they can't agree
 Though Big Bang, out of which all we know grew
 is physics' fav-our-ite plan currently
 But science cannot tell me of the start,
 of what was there to make the big bang flash
 From nothingness, did everything depart?
 or are we just rebounding from a Crash



 No answer that I've heard can give me rest
 Theology and science can't agree
 It's Big Bang or a Creator's Request
 but each solution needs eternity
 And that is one thing that I can't allow
 It's just another game of sophistry
 Infinity does every thing endow
 No matter what the odds it still must be.



 So as my search for meaning moves along
 The church and Science answer as they can
 And though both can't be right, both can be wrong
 so now I'm back to where all this began.