I Hope



I hope you find a place to stay
A shelter from the storms outside
Somewhere that's safe, your head to lay
with all the things home should provide

I hope you find a job to do
that keeps you busy through the day
That brings fulfilment, money too
Enough for you to pay your way

I hope you find an interest
Something to keep your mind alive
Something at which you can be best
your flagging spirit to revive

I hope you find yourself some friends
a little pot of social glue
To eat with as the sun descends
To stand by, as they'll stand by you

I hope you find that other soul
The one that fits you like a glove
The one that makes your two halves whole
The one that you were made to love

I hope you find these precious things
So far I've found them all bar one
But who knows what tomorrow brings
and look, a new day has begun