One perfect day



Wake up refreshed and early in a comfortable bed
A long relaxing shower to wash the sleep out of my head
Barefoot to the kitchen for black coffee and fresh bread
and look out of the window at the morning.

To see the cherry blossom blowing gently in the breeze
To smell the warm spring garden with not one hayfever sneeze
To hear the morning concert from the birds perched in the trees
and see the perfect day the world is forming.

Then later to the village to my favourite lunchtime spot
A muffin or a pastry and a latte with a shot
Then sit down for a gossip with the best friends that I've got
While the midday sun this perfect day is warming.

After we have set the world and all it's wrongs to right
We spend the afternoon in watching cricketers in white
play our side against their side till they run out of daylight
Then all back to the pub where pints are drawing

When all of this is over and I've gone back home to bed
Alone or with sweet company to fill the night ahead
It will have been one perfect day by which my soul was fed
I'm hoping for the same when next comes morning