The one that walked away








A thousand miles from anywhere and lonely
Another pair of boots have worn right through
Still thinking about you, my one and only
and things I did I wish I could undo

I left one angry night and started walking
You'd think a thousand miles would be enough
But I still feel your touch and hear you talking
and wish that you had called to call my bluff

The thousand miles behind are soon forgotten
The thousand miles ahead are still unknown
A thousand miles of hopes and dreams gone rotten
A thousand miles to walk with heart of stone

Each thousand miles I ponder on this thesis
A thousand miles for me to think things through
That every step I take along this road is
the first step of my journey back to you

A journey with no end that I'll discover
The road will last much longer than this clay
And you'll move on to live life with another
and I'll remain the one that walked away